TERMS AND CONDITIONS

These are the terms and conditions governing the relationship between The Story of Asia and you, to the total exclusion of any other terms and conditions. Any of the company’s employees may make no alterations to the terms and condition, authorised representative or agents, unless in writing by an authorised officer of the company. An authorised officer of the company shall make all decisions and matters subject to the company’s discretion. The company reserves the right to employ sub-contractors for all or part of the services.

Force Majeure

In relation to The Story of Asia, any circumstances beyond the control of the company (including and without limitation, acts of God, explosions, floods, tempests, fires, accidents, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance like requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other outwards occurrences) are considered “Force Majeure”.

If the company is affected by Force Majeure, it shall forthwith notify you of nature and extent thereof. The company shall not be deemed to be in breach of these items and conditions or otherwise be liable to you, because of delay in performance, or by non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is due to any force majeure.

Risk

The company and its owners, directors, management staff and employees shall not be held responsible for any injury or death to persons on tour, nor for loss or damage to personal property, however, they are caused.

There are specific inherent risks present when on tour, or when engaging in any strenuous physical activity. It is your sole responsibility to obtain appropriate medical advice as to medication, immunisation, and whether or not you are fit enough to undertake the trip, before departure. The company shall not be liable for illness, injury or death sustained while visiting any properties owned or managed by the company.

Access

We cannot be held responsible for road and airstrip conditions. Any changes to the initial itinerary are subject to the terms and rates outlined above, concerning any access matters or weather conditions.

Amendment

Any amendment by the client of a once confirmed itinerary (change of dates, hotel) will be charged at a reasonable amount, but at least 10% of the tour price.

No refunds are given for the following:
+ Lost travel time or substitution of facilities
+Itineraries amended after departure
+Circumstances beyond company’s control which require alternative arrangements to be made to ensure the safety or further participation and enjoyment of your tour.
+Lack of your appearance for any accommodation, service, activity, or tour segment without prior notice (see above)

The Following fees apply for cancellation
+Premature contract termination
+More than 45 days before trip commencement: Cancellation fee of 30% of tour price.
+40 to 30 days before trip commencement: Cancellation fee of 50% of tour price.
+No show to 30 days before trip commencement: Cancellation fee will be 100% of tour price.

Cancellation and Refunds

Any cancellation of a reservation must be in writing, either by e-mail, fax and shall only be effective upon its receipt and acknowledgement.

Booking terms and conditions

Bookings shall only be made on our website or writing (E-mail, fax, or via post).

Bookings are considered confirmed when a deposit valued at 30% of the tour price is received with a receipt acknowledged by our bank. The remaining 70% must be paid four weeks before the start of your tour. Please see the payment section below to see which payment methods and currencies we accept.

Payments

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How far in advance do I need to book?

If you are looking to book a last-minute tour, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we will always be happy to see what we can do for you! Flights to most destinations in Asia are always available. If you try to schedule less than two months ahead of time, however, there is no cutoff, and if we can accommodate your last-minute need, we will.

Postal address:

Katwoudestraat 9
3826 AR Amersfoort

the Netherlands

(Visitation by appointment only)

We are available on Monday
until Friday from 9.30am – 5pm.
Phone: 06-21825602
info@thestoryofasia.com
www.thestoryofasia.com

Chamber of Commerce number: 71693866

A quotation can be requested in various ways:

  • Via the quotation option on the website
  • Via info@thestoryofasia.com
  • By phone: 06-21825602
error: